We are currently coordinating youth involvement in the Get Out to Parks project led by the Canadian Parks Council - check it out (gotparks.ca)!
GOT Parks is an initiative of the Canadian Parks Council designed to provide an online destination to learn about our National, Provincial and Territorial parks; to learn about job and volunteer opportunities and park programs; and to share photos and stories of our own experiences in parks.
Need an extra hand?
We’ve found these websites and resources to be helpful in planning events, organizing strategic plans, facilitating workshops, funding sources and learning more about youth engagement. Hopefully they’re handy for you too!
- Natural Leaders Toolbox: http://childnature.ca/resource/natural-leaders-toolbox
- Natural Leaders Network Curriculum Guide: http://childrenandnature.ning.com/forum/topics/announcing-the-nln-2013-curriculum-guide?groupUrl=NLN
- Natural Leaders Network Toolkit: http://www.childrenandnature.org/downloads/NLN_toolkit_PILOT2.pdf
- Come Alive Outside has put together a great “Best of the Web” list for all things nature: http://comealiveoutside.com/best-of-the-web/
- Ontario Children’s Outdoor Charter: http://childrensoutdoorcharter.ca/
- North Face Explore Fund Canada: http://www.explorefund.ca/
- Resources from Sierra Youth Coalition: http://syc-cjs.org/shs/resources
- Resources from the Otesha Project: http://www.otesha.ca/content/resources-changemakers